Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am an arbonne independent consultant. Arbonne is a vegan…

I am an arbonne...

I am an arbonne independent consultant. Arbonne is a vegan skincare & health/wellness network marketing company. I was told I could deduct products bought for personal use. Is that true? Is there a percentage I can claim?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so.

3/23/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Thanks!

You cannot deduct the cost of product that you purchase and use for your personal use, You can deduct the product purchased that you used for demonstration purposes or samples.

You would actually subtract the cost of what you withdrew for your personal use in Part III of the Schedule C.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Thank you!

You are most welcome.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting.

Any call offer is site generated, just ignore it.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4