Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I do not know how to figure out the taxable amount of my…

I do not know...

I do not know how to figure out the taxable amount of my Social Security benefits?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My SS number is###-##-#### When I combine my husbands and my total SS income I come up with 29,892.00. What is the taxable amount?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

No, I just want the taxable amount on Social Security.

3/23/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Do you and/or your husband have other income besides Social Security?

If so, what is the total amount of that other income?

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Phone call session started

I see you requested a phone call, but you have not provided the information about other income and the amount.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We both get a pension from the State of NC. We are both retired teachers. Our pensions added together amount to $61802.00

Thank you.

Give me a few moments to calculate the taxable portion of your SS.

The taxable portion of your Social Security is $25,408.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent