Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm explaining 1099 income reported in a previous year on a…

Customer Question
I'm explaining 1099 income reported...
I'm explaining 1099 income reported in a previous year on a 8275 Disclosure Statement - do I need to include a Rule#, and which one should I use?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/23/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 3 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which will provided to you in the next thread.

Based on the following information, I do not think that you need to list a Rev. Ruling #. In addition, I checked the Rev. Rulings and I did not see one that is applicable to the reporting of your 1099 income. Write N/A in the box so that the IRS won't think that you overlooked it. SEE BELOW:

-------------------------------

Reference ID number. If you are filing Form 8275 to disclose a position related to a foreign entity for which an information return (such as Form 5471) is filed, enter on Form 8275 the same reference ID number for the foreign entity that is entered on the information return.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8275.pdf

Page 3

----------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Column (a). If you are disclosing a position contrary to a rule (such as a statutory provision or IRS revenue ruling), you must identify the rule in column (a).

Same reference source as previous information in previous thread.