Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am still working. What is the maximum of tax SS will

I am still working...

I am still working. What is the maximum of tax SS will withhold monthly.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I receive $1,836 per month from SS. What is the maximum percent of tax I can have withheld each month?

3/23/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The maximum percentage that can be withheld is 22%.

Here's the form to use: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf

You can mail it or deliver it to your local Social Security office.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great day!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent