Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Our niece lives in her rv on our property, and she has no…

Customer Question
Our niece lives in...

Our niece lives in her rv on our property, and she has no income. She receives about 100.00 food stamps, but otherwise completely depends on us for utilities such as water, electricity, WiFi, tv, etc.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Is there any kind of deduction we can take for this situation?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/23/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 3 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Does she work at all?

I waited to see if you would respond but since you did not.......................... Yes you can claim her as a dependent as long as you provided more for her support than she provided for herself.

Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 months ago

Just checking to see if you responded at all