Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Are Non-Service-Connected Pension benefits for Veterans

Customer Question
Are Non-Service-Connected Pension benefits...

Are Non-Service-Connected Pension benefits for Veterans taxable income

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The veteran is 90 years old and in a

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Veterans home. He was awarded the pension due to his only income from social security

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/23/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If these are VA benefits - these are fully excluded from taxable income.

Please verify what type of benefits the person received?

What reporting form was issued?

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues