Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I get my 2017 federal tax return in pdf form for my…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get my 2017 federal tax return in pdf form for my lawyer

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My lawyer needs my federal tax return for 2017 in pdf form for me to file bankruptcy

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I think that is it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/23/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Most requests can be satisfied with a computer printout of your return information called a transcript.

However, sometimes you need an exact copy of a previously filed and processed tax return with all attachments (including Form W-2).

Copies are generally available for returns filed for the current and past six years.

the Form 4506.pdf, Request for Copy of Tax Return.

You should complete Form 4506 and mail it to the address listed in the instructions, along with a $50 fee for each tax return.

.

You can go to the Get Transcript page to request your transcript now.

You can also order tax return and account transcripts by calling 800_908_9946 and

following the prompts in the recorded message, or

by completing Form 4506-T.pdf, Request for Transcript of Tax Return, or

Form 4506T-EZ.pdf, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript, and mailing it to the address listed in the instructions.

Transcripts are free and you might be able to have it immediately online.

Let me know if you need any help.