Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If i file married filing seperately because my divorce was…

Customer Question
If i file married...

If i file married filing seperately because my divorce was not final until 2018 can I not take the tuition credit

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have to file married filing seperately because my divorce was not final until 2018. does that mean i do not qualify for my tuition credit

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I was a full time student

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/23/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, when you use the married filing separate status, you cannot take any education credits/deductions.

I wish I had better news for you.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent