Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am a server and I am really trying to save as much money…

Hey! So I am...

Hey! So I am a server and I am really trying to save as much money as I can. What should I do? Right now I owe $465

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

So I made $13,100 last year from the restaurant, my tip out was not accounted for, what else do you need?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I don't believe so

I also worked at a church where I received a 1099 for $1750 as an intern
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Assuming you have claimed any expenses for the $1750 and self employment , you may be able to put money into an IRA and reduce that tax.

You have until April 17th to make a contribution and have it count for 2017. Try putting that into your return and see how much you need to reduce the tax. Of course you do not want to miss making the contribution.

Theres nothing i can do about my server wages?

Not really. You made so little even if you had to pay for a uniform I doubt you can itemize to claim.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4