Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What if I did not file my 1065 with K1s on march 15th? I…

Customer Question
What if I did...

What if I did not file my 1065 with K1s on march 15th? I have a 2 member LLC

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

See above

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I dont think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/23/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The IRS will assess a late filing penalty of $195 per partner per month or part of a month for which the partnership information return is filed late, with the penalty capped at 12 months.

Once you receive the penalty assessment from the IRS, you can request an abatement of the penalty due to reasonable cause or the First Time Penalty Abatement Waiver.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent