Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Received notice from IRS yesterday that I owe approximately…

Customer Question
Received notice from IRS...

Received notice from IRS yesterday that I owe approximately $20,000 in penalties for failing to file form 5500SF for 2015 and 2016 for my business which closed in June 2014. I was unaware these forms were required after the business closed and the 401K plan was terminated and forms submitted in 2014. I received no correspondence on this matter until November 2017, to which I immediately submitted the requested information. Harold Drennon

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not now

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/23/2018
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 month ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
I'm PDtax. I can assist.
I suggest a phone conference to review your options. I'll post an offer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm unclear as to what posting an offer means.

I see you have requested a phone call on your end, it didn't go through. I'll see if I can post one on my end.

sorry, it won't work on my end. I'll let site personnel know.

PDtax
PDtax