Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

We live in our new house for a yr and a half. Never recvd a…

Customer Question
We live in our...

We live in our new house for a yr and a half. Never recvd a school tax assessment bill. I Just received a bill from a collection agency for $800.00! What happens next?

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

PA

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just got bill from collection agency yesterday!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

My best advice would be to call the tax collector in the county you live in to verify that this is a legitimate bill. You will then be able to find out why you never received a bill.

PA does assess for school taxes.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb