Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Iam 65 yrs old...i pay for medicare out of my monthly social…

Customer Question
Iam 65 yrs old...i...

Iam 65 yrs old...i pay for medicare out of my monthly social security ck part b is deducted by social security monthly.My question my employer is deducting cafe 125 from my can stop them?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My employer is not paying any insurance for me so do I have to allow them to continue taking a deduction via the cafe 125

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/23/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 month ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

You may have FSA flexible spending account for health purposes under section 125 - that is OK.

you and your employer are allowed to make pre-tax contributions into that account - and the money may be spent for medical reasons.

That will provide some tax saving.

However - be sure to submit your medical receipts before the deadline.

You may have Medicare and health FSA at the same time - that is not an issue.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor