Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If I sell gold coins to a dealer in an other state. Does…

Customer Question
If I sell gold...

If I sell gold bullion coins to a dealer in an other state. Does charge the 5.75% sales tax on it in Ohio.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Do i pay ohio tax if sell to an online Ca or NY gold coin delaer. I live in Ohio.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No This a before I even buy gold coins as an investment

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/23/2018
Tax Professional: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

As a seller you only pay sales tax on itmes sold to buyers in the state. If you are selling out of state then you do not collect or pay the sales tax. Also you do not collect or pay the sales tax for the other state. That is the buyer's responsibility.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald