Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I did not get answer for my question yet. I am a U.S citizen…

I did not get...

I did not get answer for my question yet

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am a U.S citizen of Indian origin. Last year I sold my old house in India. I paid long term capital gains tax in India. Do I have to pay long term capital gain tax in US?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

What IRS forms I have to use to report to IRS

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Marcia Mitrano

As a US citizen, you are taxed on your worldwide income, including the sale of property in India.

You will be able to claim a credit for the taxes paid in India on your US tax return.

Thank you,

Marcia M Mitrano

Marcia Mitrano
Marcia Mitrano
Marcia Mitrano
Marcia Mitrano