Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received notice of a CA state tax lien last week. I went…

Customer Question
I received notice of...

I received notice of a CA state tax lien last week. I went to the Ca FTB website and paid the full amount of the lien. Just wondering how I get the lien off my credit report

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

That is the total issue...

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/22/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

-------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still typing...

You will need to get a copy of the Release of Lien from your county's recorders office and then send a copy to the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and Trans-Union. SEE BELOW:

You must contact the credit bureau agencies directly to modify or to remove a lien from your credit bureau report.

You can refer to the following CA FTB webpage for more detailed information regarding the countyrecorder's office location you will have to go to in order to get a copy of the Release of lien .

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/liens/liens.shtml#remove

-------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant