Tax

Connect one-on-one with a verified tax professional who will answer your question

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney

More related answers
All tax professionals are VERIFIED
I have a NJ registered Sole Prop LLC. I moved to PA end of
Fred Rook
Fred Rook, Corporate Controller
I have a NJ registered Sole Prop LLC. I moved to PA end of last year and all my income this year has been out of PA for 2018. Do I need to pay NJ state taxes? … read more
If my Employer deducted NJ taxes instead of VA state where I
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
If my Employer deducted NJ taxes instead of VA state where I am resident and worked in VA. How should I claim the taxes paid in NJ and how should I file the taxes… read more
I have an NJK-1 and I'm trying to figure out if I need to file
Tyrone J. Taylor
Tyrone J. Taylor, Masters
I have an NJK-1 and I'm trying to figure out if I need to file taxes in New Jersey … read more
I have an inherited IRA from my mother, from which I took a
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
I have an inherited IRA from my mother, from which I took a $10000 RMD. All contributions were made in Pennsylvania. I live in NJ. Is any of the distribution an "unrecovered contribution" for NJ state… read more
I live in Maryland, but comute to NJ work as an SR. Manager
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
I live in Maryland, but comute to NJ for my work as an SR. Manager of a Financial Services company. (I am an employee) I keep an appartmant in NJ and drive home on weekends. What part of my apartment … read more
NJ and PA have a reciprocal tax agreement. If a NJ resident
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
NJ and PA have a reciprocal tax agreement. If a NJ resident works in PA, their income is reported on NJ tax return, but the tax withheld does not. It goes to PA. Therefore it looks like there is more … read more
Hi, I just finished filing my Fed and NJ tax returns w TurboTax. On
Hi, I just finished filing my Fed and NJ tax returns w TurboTax. On NJ one, they asked the amount IN my IRA's. I think that's pretty nosy and really none of their business. How do they have the right … read more
My NJ based Employer withheld NJ income tax from my paycheck
My NJ based Employer withheld NJ income tax from my paycheck for the entire tax year 2013 even though I work and live in NY. There is also NY income tax and NYC income tax withholding as well. My payr… read more
Florida established LLC is registered and performing busimess
Lev
Lev, Retired
Florida established LLC is registered and performing busimess management consulting services work in NJ and remotely for a NJ local business firm, located in NJ. Will there be both NJ or FL state taxe… read more
I opened an LLC registered in Delaware in 2009. I live abroad,
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Senior Tax Attorney
I opened an LLC registered in Delaware in 2009. I live abroad, however my partner who works with me lives in NY. Our office address is in New York, however none of our business is done there. Our busi… read more
My wife and I have lived in NJ and filed our taxes as Married
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Principal
My wife and I have lived in NJ and filed our taxes as Married Filing Jointly every year. I started a new job in Florida right after January 1, 2010. I established legal residency in Ft Lauderdale (Lea… read more
live in nj., work in pa., i want to file state taxes. on my
Lev
Lev, Retired
live in nj., work in pa., i want to file state taxes. on my w-2 form in box 15 it says nj.,in box 16 theres a total in box 17 its empty.do i have to file my state taxes in nj.,and what forms do i need… read more
Thank you for answering my question but your answer only referred
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Master Tax Advisor Enrolled Agent
Thank you for answering my question but your answer only referred to the Inheritance tax. Since NJ has both estate and inheritance taxes, is the estate tax a credit since it's less than the inheritanc… read more
in 2008 i sold my home in nj and moved to florida. new jersey
Merlo
Merlo, Tax Consultant
in 2008 i sold my home in nj and moved to florida. new jersey charges a 2 percent exit tax on the sold price. in this case thats 8200.when i filed 2008 taxes a got all that money back because the prof… read more
I am an employer with a small business in NJ. I have an employee
Merlo
Merlo, Tax Consultant
I am an employer with a small business in NJ. I have an employee who lives and works in Boston, MA. I have a few questions about this: #1, To where does my employee pay state income taxes? #2, Am I (b… read more
My company is based in NJ. I live in NC. They take out NJ ...
Business Bill
Business Bill, Associate Degree
My company is based in NJ. I live in NC. They take out NJ state taxes. I get none of it back from NJ and pay full taxes in NC. I file a NJ non-resident tax return. Is my tax preparer missing something… read more
Does estate owe capital gains tax, and if so what is the rat
RD
RD, Self Employed
Our fathers house in New Jersey was sold to one of our siblings 13 years after our dad's death. This sibling was paying most if not all of the expenses over these years. The home was sold to him for $… read more
I retired from Prudential 3/5/06. I vacated my NJ ...
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Senior HR Consultant and Business Devlpm
I retired from Prudential 3/5/06. I vacated my NJ residence 1/31/06 and moved to Florida.(I had unused vacation days). Through Jan 31st I rec'd $20k income; thru March 5th I rec'd $600k income (2 bonu… read more