Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am on a payment plan for 2016, I recently received a

Customer Question
I am on a...

I am on a payment plan for 2016, I recently received a letter from IRS telling me the balance was $191.91 to be paid by 3-12-18 which I did. a payment of $1000.00 was taken from on checking account on 3-20-18. Is the withdrawal correct? SS#***-**-****

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Tax
3/22/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 28 days ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

That most likely a mistake because the automatic payment plan was not updated.

If you do not have any other tax liability for 2017 - you may contact the IRS and ask that amount to be refunded to you.

If you do not contact - you may expect that amount to be paid back in about 1-2 months after their system will be updated.

You may call the IRS using the phone on the letter you received or may call 1_800_829_1040

Let me know if you need any clarification.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor