Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can't e-file because system won't accept $0.00 for box 10,

Can't e-file because system...

Can't e-file because system won't accept $0.00 for box 10, dependent care benefits, on w-2. I have a dell 3000 series

Accountant's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your 3000?

Don't know

Accountant's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your 3000? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

3/22/2018
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

You will need to add form 2441 and report how the amount from W2 box 10 was used?

Let me know if you need any help.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** I have a different answer.

Delete the $0.00 in Box 10.

TurboTax does NOT like zeroes.

If you imported your W-2, this is a common problem.

Please let me know if that works.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great day!

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thanks. Box 10 was not used. It is $ 0.00. It is correctly filled out.

Thank you for letting me know.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent