Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My refund of $57000 for overpayment ot 2016 is over due. I…

My refund of $57000...

My refund of $57000 for overpayment ot 2016 is long over due.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am reluctant to type my social security number. My name is ***** ***** Hull 270 Sabal Palm Terrace boca Raton, fl 33432

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I do not think so

3/22/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Did you efile your 2016 tax return? If so, did you receive confirmation that your return was ACCEPTED by the IRS?

You can check the status of your 2016 refund by calling 1-***-***-****. DO NOT CHOOSE OPTION 1 (REFUND).

Select the option for personal tax return and follow the prompts for a live representative.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

I have already spoken with an agent at that number. The check should have shown up by now. I was naive enough to think I was corresponding with the IRS not to be "had" for a fee to find out something I already knew.

I apologize, but I have no way of knowing what you know or do not know.

Thank you for letting me know.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Phone call session started