Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need to get a copy of my 2016 tax return. I need to get a…

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get a copy of my 2016 tax return

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need to get a copy of my 2016

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 29 days ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. Do you need an actual copy of the return or will a tax return transcript suffice?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I need an actual copy.
***@******.***

I can't provide you with the copy you will need to request it from the IRS by using the Form 4506. They also charge $57 for an actual copy of the return.

Link to Form 4506:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

---------------------------------

I will also ask customer service to remove your email from the thread. This is a very public forum and anyone who comes across this thread can see the information.

-------------------------------------

Please take the time to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated.

You can also request a copy from the person or the business who prepared the return for you. They should still have a copy of it.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant