Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I make $20,420. a year I have a daughter 3 years old. Left…

Customer Question
I make $20,420. a...

I make $20,420. a year I have a daughter 3 years old

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Left my girlfriend in Feb. had my daughter 3 to 4 days overnight a week than in July we agreed to go a week on week off Can I get the Canada Child benefits

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

My ex-girlfriend had an apartment until October.We both live with our parents now I support my daughter when she is here

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/22/2018
Tax Professional: rakhi.v, Tax Attorney replied 1 month ago
rakhi.v
rakhi.v, Tax Attorney

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

YES--You should be eligible along with your partner / to receive equal amount of CCB -- Canada Child Benefits. Let me explain.

In your case, the custody of the Child is shared. I mean, for 50% for time, she is with you and for the 50% of the time she is with her mother.

You share custody of a child if the child lives with two different individuals in separate residences on a more or less equal basis, such as:

• the child lives with one parent four days a week and the other parent three days a week;
  • the child lives with one parent one week and the other parent the following week; or
  • any other regular cycle of alternation.

In these cases, both individuals may be considered primarily responsible for the child’s care and upbringing when the child lives with them. Each individual will get 50% of the payment they would have received if the child lived with them all of the time.

This is how you will apply for the benefits.

For more information, go to Canada child benefit or call 1-***-***-****

Your payments will be recalculated accordingly.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,

rakhi.v
rakhi.v
rakhi.v, Tax Attorney