Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I report info to the irs from form k1 supplemental…

How do I report...

How do I report info to the irs from form k1 supplemental form?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

In 2017 I bought units of ETP-an mlp. I received A schedule K-1. Part III says do not use Part III information-see 2017 supplemental K-1 information statement. How do I report that info to the IRS?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I am in the 0% tax bracket.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
I'mCustomer I'll assist.
Thank you
Most of the supplemental information is not needed for current reporting to IRS. Supplemental information can be for state taxes, AMT preferences, basis, non deductible amounts, etc. These may not be needed currently with IRS. They can have an impact on current state taxes, or future taxes, but likely don't have current impact. So don't try to report anything more than what IRS wants, which is the k-1 like item detail.Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer
PDtax
Do I need to file A schedule E?
Page 2 of the form reports many of the income or loss items. You might have interest, dividends or capital gains that get reported elsewhere.