Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Do I have to fiule a corporate tax return, even if we are a…

Do I have to...

Do I have to fiule a corporate tax return, even if we are a "loss" corporation?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

We have been a loss corporation since inception three years ago. Do we have a federal filing requirement?

3/21/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

--------------------------------

Note that telephone calls and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

If you have not officially dissolved the corporation, you are required to file a tax return, even if you have no income to report or you are operating at a loss. If you have not been filing, you will likely be looking at some penalties for failure to file as well. Is your business an S or a C Corporation?

---------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We are a C Corporation. We will have a loss each year. I will file the federal tax returns. The penalties are calculated based on tax liability. We have no tax liability. Does this help?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Thank you for the 5 star rating. I do appreciate it.

Even though you will have a loss each year as long as you are an active corporation you will need to file a tax return. You are correct regarding the penalties.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant