Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I will turn 66 in April and will receive my first social…

I will turn 66...

I will turn 66 in April and will receive my first social security check in April which I was told that was actually March retirement. How much can earn from april to December

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I just wanted to make sure I can still work the rest of the year without giving back some of my social security

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No I don't think so

3/21/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Once you reach full retirement age (66), there is no limitation to how much you can earn.

Per Social Security,

"If you will reach full retirement age in 2018, the limit on your earnings for the months before full retirement age is $45,360.

BUT

Starting with the month you reach full retirement age, you can get your benefits with no limit on your earnings.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great day!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent