Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am helping my disabled daughter with her taxes. she was…

Customer Question
Hi. I am helping...

Hi. I am helping my disabled daughter with her taxes. she was divorced in 2014 but just changed her married name back to maiden name. SSDI comes in her maiden name but her disability from her work still comes in married name. How will she file???

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Basically that's it. She forgot to change name at Guardian and w-2 has married name on it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/21/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

A name change can have an impact on taxes.

All the names on a taxpayer’s tax return must match Social Security Administration records.

A name mismatch can delay a tax refund.

As long as her name match her SS card - we need to use that name.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.