Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I gave Turbo Tax the wrong Bank Account information for my…

Customer Question
I gave Turbo Tax...

I gave Turbo Tax the wrong Bank Account information for my Tax Refund.

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How will a Lawyer help?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/21/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 4 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If the return hasn't already posted to the IRS system, you can ask them to stop the direct deposit. You may call them toll-free at(###) ###-#### M - F, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.

Generally, if the financial institution recovers the funds and returns them to the IRS, the IRS will send a paper refund check to your last known address on file with the IRS.