Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

In 2003, I received a "Form SSA-1099 (Benefit Statement).

Customer Question
In 2003, I received...

In 2003, I received a "Form SSA-1099 (Benefit Statement). How can I get another one? - How long does it take? I need it to do my taxes.

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California - city of Milpitas.

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. Just looked up on email and have a copy of the 2003 form.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure. My ID on the form is ###-##-####, if that will help.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/21/2018
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 month ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting a copy of your SSA-1999

...

Social Security knows that people can lose the paper documentation. This is why they created "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or set up your account AND log in if you've never used it) and print your documents immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.

...

OR

...

You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work.

...

I hope you’ll rate me based on accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news / bad news content

But again, let me know if you need more here,

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS