Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Does the attorney that your parents hired, large estate.

Customer Question
Does the attorney that...

Does the attorney that your parents hired, large estate. Typically continue working with the executor who in my case is my parents daughter continue to work with executor until death tax return is filed or is it Normal for someone you never met before take over with radars to death taxe return ver

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

My parents hired trust attorneys 20 years ago to tnitialy compose their individual trust which had been amended while they were still alive, and asked, me their daughter, since I have a significant financial background and my two siblings really never held a job, to be executor of 15 trusts. My parents trusted her very much and we got to know each other very well. My dad died 8 years ago and my mother recent passed away. And without being notified the attorney who wrote all trusts continued working until ny dad’s death tax return was filed. My mother recently died and at our first meeting the firm we were working with, the attorney who had always amended their trusts as well as financial power of attorney announced that the firms changed its way of doing business and I must work with someone who I had never met before who would taking over at that time. We are not working well together, in addition if my mom was still alive and received notificatiion that someone else would be taking over we would have switched firms. Am I allowed to hire as exeecutor a different tax trust accountant?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 4 days by:
3/25/2018
Tax Professional: Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney replied 26 days ago
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney

If you are the executor you have the powers in the trust to administer the trust. You should review the terms of the trust. You should be able to decide who you can hire to administer the trusts. If this answers your question, then please accept my answer or reply. Thank you.

Here is some information:

https://www.stimmel-law.com/en/articles/trustees-right-hire-professionals

Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney