Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I owe a Hugh amount of money to the IRS but if they take…

I owe a Hugh...

I owe a Hugh amount of money to the IRS but if they take everything from me I’ll lose my job with no way to pay

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I owe 1.5 million

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I make 200,000 a year but got to far behind and every time I hire someone to help I pay them and they don’t help and penalties pile up I’m about to give up

3/21/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

I understand about hiring companies to help you. Most of them are scams. They charge huge fees, promise you that they'll help you, and then do nothing.

What has been done so far? Payment plan? Offer in Compromise?

Please give me some detailed information about the situation.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hire attorney last year and paid her twenty thousand and now she wants another 15k or they are threatening to take everything in 5 days which I don’t have 15k and if they take all my things I will not be able to work soon I’ll probably in up in prison on taxes and then homeless if I ever get out

It would seem that if the attorney has been working on your situation since last year, this should have been resolved.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great day!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent