Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My date of birth is 03/28/52. I have received notice from…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My date...

Second opinion] My date of birth is 03/28/52. I have received notice from the SS that I am entitled to full retirement at age 66. I have also seen where it is 66 and two months.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have another issue as well.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

If I take my ss payments now I understand I can still continue to work full time and the benefits are taxed. What if any other deductions are taken from my ss payments

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/21/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

For those born in 1952, your full retirement age is 66.

Once you reach full retirement age (66), you can continue to work and receive Social Security benefits. Your Social Security benefits may be taxed depending on your income.

You can have federal taxes withheld from your Social Security.

If you are covered by your employer for health insurance, there will be no deduction for Medicare Part B until you retire or lose your employer provided insurance.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb