Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

We live in florida and we go to ohio for the summer,

Customer Question
We live in florida...

We live in florida and we go to ohio for the summer, sometimes we work there. we did our taxes and we owed ohio $2.00. We just got letter and they said tyey recalculated our taxes and said we still owe $303.00 ?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/21/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. What is your question?

we live in Florida and go back to ohio for the summer, sometimes we work in Ohio.We did our taxes o tubor tax and had to pat $2.00. Now got a letter saying Ohio recalcualede our taxes and say we still owe $303.00?

I understand what you wrote, but I am not sure what you are asking. I am unable to tell you why you rec'd the letter stating that you owe $303 instead of $2.00. Does the letter not provide and explanation. If not, my suggestion is to call them and ask why you owe $303, instead of $2.00.

Do I still have to pay $52.00 for that answer.

As I did not ask you to positively rate my response, because there was not a response, the answer is no. Now, as you have requested a phone call, if an expert calls you and you answer, you will be charged for the call. You may have paid a deposit of $5.00, however, I am not sure. Would you like for me to direct your question to customer service?

Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

When you filed your OH return, did you file as a part-year resident? If you filed as a resident, that could be the reason that you owe.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb