How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7626
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live in florida and we go to ohio for the summer,

Customer Question

We live in florida and we go to ohio for the summer, sometimes we work there. we did our taxes and we owed ohio $2.00. We just got letter and they said tyey recalculated our taxes and said we still owe $303.00 ?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. What is your question?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we live in Florida and go back to ohio for the summer, sometimes we work in Ohio.We did our taxes o tubor tax and had to pat $2.00. Now got a letter saying Ohio recalcualede our taxes and say we still owe $303.00?
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 8 months ago.

I understand what you wrote, but I am not sure what you are asking. I am unable to tell you why you rec'd the letter stating that you owe $303 instead of $2.00. Does the letter not provide and explanation. If not, my suggestion is to call them and ask why you owe $303, instead of $2.00.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do I still have to pay $52.00 for that answer.
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 8 months ago.

As I did not ask you to positively rate my response, because there was not a response, the answer is no. Now, as you have requested a phone call, if an expert calls you and you answer, you will be charged for the call. You may have paid a deposit of $5.00, however, I am not sure. Would you like for me to direct your question to customer service?

Expert:  Barbara replied 8 months ago.

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

When you filed your OH return, did you file as a part-year resident? If you filed as a resident, that could be the reason that you owe.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,