Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

We were the general contractor on the home we built this…

We were the general contractor...
We were the general contractor on the home we built this last year. I handles all the accounting, bill paying and material orders. The construction loan was in our name. The home has high efficiency materials, windows, doors and appliances as well as heating and cooling systems. Are there Federal energy efficiency deduction and/or credits available to us? Also does Colorado have deductions/credits?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread.

-------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

The answer to your question is no, there are no credits available to you. Based on the following information, the residential energy credits expired at the end of 2016. SEE BELOW:

----------------------------

The credits are good through 2016, except for the solar credits which are good through 2019 and then are reduced each year through the end of 2021.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/home-ownership/energy-tax-credit-which-home-improvements-qualify/L5rZH56ex

---------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your reply.
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant