Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I do not file a tax return because I am on social security…

I do not file a...
I do not file a tax return because I am on social security disability and i do not make enough to report. I am also a beneficiary of a trust and receive my payments from principal. If I get a 1099 from an investment firm for $18.00 in dividends to i have to file a tax return to report that?
3/20/2018
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, you do not since you do not make enough to file tax returns. The $18.00 in dividends would not make you all of a sudden required to file tax returns.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law