Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have not filled my taxes in a few years. My husband and I…

I have not filled...

I have not filled my taxes in a few years. My husband and I are seniors, did'nt pay any in or get any money back.

Accountant's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I have a lot more I would like to know - What ever the fee is is ok?? I have received a royality from a family oil well, The company filed my taxes for the amount I received but the paid the state tax for the state of OK where the oil well is located What do I do about this. Sorry I am 77 and not very good on computer. Beverly

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Should I get some one to do my tax forms

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Yes, I would suggest you get a local professional to prepare your returns.

If the oil well is located in OK then the income is OK sourced and OK will want it's share of tax.

If you live in a different state that has personal income tax you will also have a reporting requirement to your resident state as well.

If you do owe tax in OK and your resident state, your resident state will allow you a tax credit to cover the taxes paid to OK.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am a resident of california

Well, then CA will also expect this information . They (CA) will allow a tax if you are required to pay in Ca and OK.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am
Finished thank you very much you helped me no to be more confused..i
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am getting a proffancial

You are most welcome.
I think you will be happier if you do. I will tell Customer support you do not want the phone call. I rejected it.

Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
Phone call session started
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4