Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm separated with my husband for almost a year, but it is…

Hi I'm separated with...

Hi I'm separated with my husband for almost a year, but it is not a " legal separation.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

So far every year we did income tax thing together how I suppose to do it now. My husband was doing small business income tax

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

We don't live together for almost a year, I'm paying all the bills and we have two kids

3/20/2018
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out.

You would qualify as a head of household since you maintain the house, are considered unmarried because your spouse did not live with you for the last 6 months of the year and have dependent children.

So, you would claim head of household on your taxes and report just your income on the taxes.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Carter McBride
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. My husband is doing his tax today and he is saying he needs my income for last year, do I have give it to him
Phone call session started
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

I accepted the call request but your number isn't showing up.

Glad we finally spoke ... Remember, if you didn't sign the return OR the consent to electronic filing. SOMEONE forged your signature.

...

Maybe your husband. Maybe your accountant.

Hi Lane again, can you tell me what you found out?

Carter McBride
Carter McBride