Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Due to an injury of 911 status, have only just returned from…

Customer Question
Due to an injury...

Due to an injury of 911 status, have only just returned from intensive care and will be forced to file my tax returns late. How may I obtain extensions for this reason?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Both my state pension income and Social Security income papers for myself and my wife have gone missing,and I will not be able to state my income for the year.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Am I able to get copies of these How ?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/20/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You do not have to provide any reason to request an extension.

Here is the form:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf

It must be mailed on or before April 17, 2018.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb