How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7623
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Due to an injury of 911 status, have only just returned from

Customer Question

Due to an injury of 911 status, have only just returned from intensive care and will be forced to file my tax returns late. How may I obtain extensions for this reason?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: both my state pension income and Social Security income papers for myself and my wife have gone missing,and I will not be able to state my income for the year.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Am I able to get copies of these How ?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You do not have to provide any reason to request an extension.

Here is the form:

It must be mailed on or before April 17, 2018.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,