Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Do I need to calculate the for the quarterly worksheet on…

do I need to calculate...
do I need to calculate the AMT for the quarterly worksheet on the 1040ES if total income is less than $250K a year?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. Sorry for the delayed response, I was away from the computer. Answer to your question in the next thread.

When figuring your estimated tax amount, yes, you need to calculate the AMT. SEE BELOW:

-----------------------------

How does it work?

1. Calculate your tax liability for your taxable income under the regular system.
  2. Add back to your taxable income a number of deductions and breaks you may have enjoyed under the regular system (see below for details) to determine your AMT income.
  3. From your AMT income, subtract the exemptions allowed based on your filing status.
  4. Recalculate your tax liability according to the AMT rates.
  5. If this amount is higher than that calculated under the regular system, you have to pay the higher amount.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/taxes/alternative-minimum-tax-amt/

-------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant