Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm the trustee for my aunt's trust. I'm filling out a Real…

I'm the trustee for...

I'm the trustee for my aunt's trust. I'm filling out a Real Estate Witholding Certificate. It's asking for a TIN - can I use my SSA?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I don't know what info you would need.

3/20/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Does the trust have an EIN?

No, thank you, ***** *****'t afford $52.

Phone calls are site generated. Please ignore it.

Did the Trust sell the property? If so, use the EIN for the Trust.

my aunt's house just sold. So the EIN is interchangeable with the TIN?

A TIN is a tax identification number.

For a trust, it's the EIN.

For an individual, it's the SSN.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Thank you. You've been a great help.

My pleasure.

Thank YOU for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great week!