Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm the trustee for my aunt's trust. I'm filling out a Real…

I'm the trustee for...

I'm the trustee for my aunt's trust. I'm filling out a Real Estate Witholding Certificate. It's asking for a TIN - can I use my SSA?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I don't know what info you would need.

3/20/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Does the trust have an EIN?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, thank you, ***** *****'t afford $52.

Phone calls are site generated. Please ignore it.

Did the Trust sell the property? If so, use the EIN for the Trust.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my aunt's house just sold. So the EIN is interchangeable with the TIN?

A TIN is a tax identification number.

For a trust, it's the EIN.

For an individual, it's the SSN.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. You've been a great help.

My pleasure.

Thank YOU for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great week!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent