Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Normally how are property tax refund for previous year

Customer Question
Hi. Normally how are...

Hi. Normally how are property tax refund for previous year recorded for the current year. The business is a partnership. This refund is not consider income correct?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What else do you need?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Yes, how should the refunds be recorded in Quickbooks?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/20/2018
Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 months ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help.

You're record it as other income for the partnership. Since you took a deduction for it in the prior year, you need to bring it back into income the next year.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a a rating. Thanks!

Hey! Just wanted to follow up to see if you needed anything else. If not, please leave a rating so I can get credit for helping you out. Thanks!