Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What is the maximum I can deduct from my taxes for losses…

Customer Question
What is the maximum...

What is the maximum I can deduct from my taxes for losses inccured on my tax return

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I incurred losses in trading of around $20,000. in 2017 How much of this amount is deductible on my tax return?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 month ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out.

You can use those losses to offset any capital gains. If any losses remain after that, you can deduct $3,000 of the losses and then carryforward any remaining losses.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 26 days ago

Hey! Just wanted to follow up to see if you needed anything else. If not, please leave a rating so I can get credit for helping you out. Thanks!

Carter McBride
Carter McBride