Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Step -daughter, 18 years old made $3000 last year, does she…

Customer Question
Step -daughter, 18 years...

Step -daughter, 18 years old made $3000 last year, does she have to file state tax aand local tax in Pennsylvania? can her mother claim her on her taxes? thank you

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have no more questions

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No, that ia all I need to know, thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/20/2018
Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 months ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter I'm a CPA and can help you out.

PA's filing threshold is $33. So, she would need to file a PA return. You can find the PA filing requirements here:

http://www.revenue.pa.gov/FormsandPublications/PAPersonalIncomeTaxGuide/Documents/pitguide_chapter_04.pdf

Her mother can claim her on her taxes as long as she's the one who provided more than half of her support.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago

Hey! Just wanted to follow up to see if you needed anything else. If not, please leave a rating so I can get credit for helping you out. Thanks!