Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am trying to find out if i can get a copy of the last time…

I am trying to...

I am trying to find out if i can get a copy of the last time i filed, which i think was 2016.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have my papers ,but not the form, its for my lawyer.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I don't think so

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting. Prepping my response, which will be provided in the next thread(s).

If you are unable to get a copy from the person or business that prepared it for you, you can request a copy of your tax return transcript from the IRS, either online, via telephone, or via mail. The tax return transcript shows all relevant information that is shown on the actual return, the information is just in a different format.

How to request the tax return transcript:

Online:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Via Telephone (dedicated transcript line):

(###) ###-####/p>

Via Mail:

Form 4506-T

Link to Form 4506-T:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

----------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you.

You are very welcome. Thank you for the positive rating. I do appreciate it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nope still not what i want, i will call, thanks

What is still not what you want. If you need an actual copy of the tax return, you will need to send in the Form 4506 along with $57. You will not be able to get the actual return online.

Link to Form 4506:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant