Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

In my 1099-DIV form of a mutual fund there is in box 2b the…

Customer Question
In my 1099-DIV form...

In my 1099-DIV form of a mutual fund there is in box 2b the amount 75 %. How do I report this to the IRS

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

How do I report the 75$ in 1099-DIV form box 2b (unrecptured Sec 1250 gain)

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Which form and where on this form should I report this item to the irs

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/20/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 month ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

That amount in Box2b of teh 1099DIV is entered on a worksheet for the Schedule D (on line 11). It is headed Unrecaptured Section 1250 Gain Worksheet—then the result form that worksheet goes on Line 18b of the Schedule D.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4