Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I renew the tax except certificate of a non-profit…

Customer Question
How do I renew...

How do I renew the tax except certificate of a non-profit charitable organization?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

This exemption was issued in 2003. It was renewed after that but the question is if it needs to be renewed again?'This is for a non-profit women's organization with 40 members who has been working for the same charity since 1999 which raises funds to give aid to local women with cancer.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

This is the most important thing we do. The aid given to these women is free to them since the cost is covered by the non-profit group.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
3/20/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

There is no renewal process for tax exemption with the IRS.

Tax-exempt organizations with $50,000 or more in gross receipts typically must file an ANNUAL INFORMATION FORM with the IRS, but it is not a renewal.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent