Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If I don't owe any tax do I still have to file. Do I have to…

If I don't owe...

If I don't owe any tax do I still have to file.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Do I have to file if I don't owe any tases

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I am retired and my income is less than 32000 filing jointly with my wife

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

-------------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site and not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

Unless the income that you are receiving is social security income, you will need to file a tax return because your income exceeds the minimum amount of income to file a tax return. Regardless to if a taxpayer owes or not, if the taxable income meets the required amount to file, a return has to be filed.

---------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

For more general information on having to file a tax return, you can read the article at the following link.

https://www.thebalance.com/are-you-required-to-file-a-tax-return-3192868

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant