Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Instead of a $333,000 refund the iris at Mia $3,333,000

refund because my accountant add...
instead of a $333,000 refund the iris at Mia $3,333,000 refund because my accountant add an extra zero on the overpayment box I’m going to send the check back but why would they send that refund so quick without checking
The IRS sent me the wrong refund. Srry Siri misspelled
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/20/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for requesting my assistance. That is very odd that the IRS did not check before sending out the check, especially since it is such a large amount.

Still typing...

Yes, make a copy of the check and send the check back certified, return receipt. It is also a good idea to call the IRS and let them know that you received an incorrect refund amount before sending the check back. Take down the name and I.D. number of the person that you speak with. You can call 1-***-***-****. The hold times are really long, so be prepared for that. For more general information on incorrect refund amounts, you can refer to the article at the following link.

https://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/what-if-tax-refund-is-wrong-1.aspx

---------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks
I’m a c Corp and we had an overpayment last quarter. Is it usual for irs to not check my overpayment before sending a refund?

You are welcome. I would think that the IRS would check before issuing refunds on over payments, especially for large amounts, but for some reason that seemingly did not happen this time, or maybe it was a computer glitch or something.

For general internal information on how the IRS deals with erroneous refunds, you can refer to the following link.

https://www.irs.gov/irm/part21/irm_21-004-005r

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant