Tax

Connect one-on-one with a verified tax professional who will answer your question

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

More related answers
All tax professionals are VERIFIED
I'm an employed Dutch citizen living and working in the US
Angie
Angie, Bookkeeper, Tax Preparer, Office Manager
I'm an employed Dutch citizen living and working in the US (New York) on an O-1A visa since 2016, paying American taxes, a US resident in terms of tax. I am about to move back to the Netherlands early… read more
Second opinion] I have been living in NYC since June 2016I
emc011075
emc011075, Tax advisor and Enrolled Agent
Second opinion] I have been living in NYC since June 2016I sold a business in May 2017 while living in New York City.I was paid over $1 million as pass through income from my multi-member Nevada LLC i… read more
I have been living in NYC since June 2016 I sold a business
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
I have been living in NYC since June 2016 I sold a business in May 2017 while living in New York City. I was paid over $1 million as pass through income from my multi-member Nevada LLC in June 2017.On… read more
I have a sole proprietor LLC in New York City. I have since
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial & Tax Consultant
I have a sole proprietor LLC in New York City. I have since moved to IL and am an employee with another company. I barely did anything with the LLC this last year, but I also didn't dissolve it. Since… read more
Tax and residency question: -- My husband took a job in
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Tax and residency question: -- My husband took a job in NYC at the beginning of the year with a large corporation. He was hired as a Florida employee initially and our Florida address is in the compan… read more
Hello, we live in Florida and 100% of my income is derived
Hello, we live in Florida and 100% of my income is derived from Florida sources, but my wife works remotely from home for a company in NY. We file jointly and since I make more than her, they apply a … read more
My husband and I moved to Florida in 2000 from New York City.
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Senior Tax Attorney
My husband and I moved to Florida in 2000 from New York City. My husband's business in NYC went bankrupt in 1998. However, up to that time, we had a CPA/tax attorney prepare and file our joint taxes f… read more
Hello, my question is about my tax situation. I work in
Lev
Lev, Retired
Hello, my question is about my tax situation. I work in Maryland but live in New York City. Which address am I supposed to use as my home address. My tax witholding is being decided based on this.. Ne… read more
I retired on Jan 31, 11. We have rented out our apartment
Lev
Lev, Retired
I retired on Jan 31, 11. We have rented out our apartment in NYC and will be moving permanently to live in Florida in mid June. My 2 teenaged children will remain in school in NYC for the next 2 years… read more
Hello - In March of 2010 I moved to NYC from Florida. I have
Lev
Lev, Retired
Hello - In March of 2010 I moved to NYC from Florida. I have a SCorp that is incorporated in Florida since 2009. My registered agent, bank account and physical address (UPS Store) are still in place i… read more
I recently seperated from military service. While in the military,
Stephen G.
I recently seperated from military service. While in the military, I claimed New Mexico as my state of residency. I have a NM driver's license and am registered to vote there. Since leaving the milita… read more
I am 52 years old and have been receiving disability payments
Merlo
Merlo, Tax Consultant
I am 52 years old and have been receiving disability payments under my employers insurance for 10 years. My employer is in New York and I worked and lived in New York until now. I recently moved to Fl… read more
My husband has lived and worked in Florida for 7 years. I have
RD
RD, Self Employed
My husband has lived and worked in Florida for 7 years. I have lived and worked in NY for the same period. My accountant always said we had to file federally because of the NYS state filing. I have re… read more
I went to live in Florida after my divorce. I worked there
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Senior HR Consultant and Business Devlpm
I went to live in Florida after my divorce. I worked there , had an apartment, phone, mail went there, driver's license and even got a builder's license. I lived there from Sept of 2004 to Sept of 200… read more
I will work in miami for 1 year, while my husband will stay
Wayne Brasch
Wayne Brasch, Accountant and Business Consultant
I will work in miami for 1 year, while my husband will stay in NY. I will keep my NY home address even though I move to Florida for 1 year. How do I - do we file taxes for the year that we are living … read more
I was paid an executors fee for administering my ...
Cassandra
Cassandra, Accountant and Tax Preparer
I was paid an executor''s fee for administering my father''s estate in 2004. I declared the fee on my Federal Tax return. I am a Florida resident, and now the State of NY is trying to collect taxes on… read more
Live in CT. Am disabled (sick pay from my employer ...
Jim Revels
Jim Revels, Master's Degree
Live in CT. Am disabled (sick pay from my employer Headquartered in FL. and previously St Louis, MO). At time became disabled lived and worked in New York. Do I need to pay New York State Income Taxes… read more
I live in Florida and am trying to move to New York. I am ...
jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
I live in Florida and am trying to move to New York. I am planning on driving a taxi there. I will be taking several trips there soon, and need to change my drivers license to a NY license in order to… read more