Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have had a lien put on our assets, while we pay our taxes…

I have had a lien...
I have had a lien put on our assets, while we pay our taxes through a payment program. When I apply for a job, will that show up and possibly lose the chance to get work?
3/20/2018
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out.

It really depends. First, the employer would need to do a credit check. Not all employers actually do credit checks. For most jobs, it's not actually important.

Even if the company does do a credit check, then they would see it. However, that may not be important to that company. If it is a job where you're doing finances or something like that, then the employer may care. If its not, then they most likely will not.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will a background check include credit checks?I am assuming it does

It does. But company's may not look at that part of the background check. Background checks are often done by independent third parties so the company itself may not care about that aspect.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!...Great professional ..Thank you for your time!

Thanks! If you need anything else, just let me know!

Carter McBride
Carter McBride
Carter McBride