Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Do I have to file amendment state refunds? I amended 2014,

Customer Question
Do I have to...

Do I have to file amendment state refunds?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I amended 2014, 2015, 2016 State taxes and received refunds..Do I included these amount on my 2017 taxes?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/20/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 4 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If you itemized your federal tax returns for 2014, 2015, 2016 - and deducted state income taxes on these returns

- then - yes - you will need to prepare special worksheets and determine a taxable portions of theses refunds.

If however you did not itemized in these years - these refunds are NOT taxable and will not affect your 2017 tax filing.

Please verify.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.